Why can't most Muslims admit that Islam needs reform?

Home Forums Serious Why can't most Muslims admit that Islam needs reform?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of faust faust 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Social Justice Weeaboo
    Social Justice Weeaboo
    • Posts 244
    208 pts

Now, Most (if not all) of us know about how whenever there is a Muslim terrorist attack, every SJW and irrational Muslim on the internet repeats the same shit like ‘they’re not real Muslims’ ‘What about the crusades’ ‘terrorism has no religion’ ‘muh military industrial complex foreign police [insert other buzzword here]’ ‘it’s America’s fault’, shit like that.

It’s obvious why muslim dominated nations such as Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Egypt, Nigeria, and so on keep it, as it keeps their people in power and all that shit, but why do you think Muslims in Europe/North America (whether born & raised in that nation or not) keep trying to avoid calling them Muslims? Why are logical Muslims/ex Muslims such as Ayaan hirsi Ali or Majiid Nawaz just branded as ‘Islamophobes’?

I don’t get it.

#255318 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Lord Antares
    Lord Antares
    Participant
    • Posts 676
    37 pts

Look, religion actually has nothing to do with these terrorists, I don’t mean that in the SJW kind of way.

Islam is cancer in theory, but so is christianity. Muslims have the highest percentage of crime, but this is because of WHERE and HOW they live, not because of their religion. They tend to prevail in countries that lack education, courtesy and civil laws. These are countries which have been proved to have lower average IQs than, for example, Germany, Switzerland and Scandinavian countries, which have the highest.

If the roles were switched and Christians (or any other religion) happened to live in the middle east with the same living conditions, I think the situation would be the perfect opposite.

I think the proof is in conservative Christian African countries, where they mutilate and rape women, stone people legally etc. An average Christian would say the same thing: ”they are not true christians, you can’t count them”.

So, to conclude, muslims are not more savage than others because they are muslims; it’s because they happen to live in shitty, backwards countries which imbeciles inhabit. Nontheless, it’s statistically true that they are worse than others.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Lord Antares Lord Antares.
    #255324 Score: 0
    Social Justice Weeaboo
    • Posts 244
    208 pts

I get what you mean, but I think it actually does involve Islam. The Bible definitely does have similar stuff written in it, but it had a reformation (the enlightenment) which banned a lot (though not all) of the brutal shit done by Christians like torture and stuff like that, and progressively improved to the point we have now where a vast majority of Christians openly disagree with those statements in the Bible. In contrast, plenty of Muslims agree with death for apostasy and mistreatment of women, shit like that (I’d give a source but I’m out, there are plenty of studies showing that a lot of Muslims think sharia should be law of the land in the U.K and U.S)

Islam hasn’t had their ‘enlightment’, and Muslims no matter where they’re from seem to fight it and shrug off any criticism anyone might have and brand it as Islamophobia.

Sharia Law is one of the most brutal governing laws in the world. They whole point of sharia is that it takes direct quotes from the Quran and puts them into law. It’s not really just a religion in those shitholes, it’s also law.

If islamic nations had their reform, I’m pretty sure ISIS wouldn’t have a leg to stand on. The reason why ISIS has so many recruits is because they interpret Islam to the letter, word for word.

#255348 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Lord Antares
    Lord Antares
    Participant
    • Posts 676
    37 pts

Yes, and they do all that because they are imbeciles living in shitty countries. Islam is the means, but not the reason they are savage.

Again, I don’t deny that Islam is a shit religion. None of it makes sense and it’s completely prejudiced and violent, but so was Christianity. The fact that Christians in global progressed and became more civilized technically means that they moved a bit away from original Christianity, which means that ”true” Christianity is brutal as well.

But yeah, Islam is still statistically the worst of all.

#255349 Score: 0
    Social Justice Weeaboo
    • Posts 244
    208 pts

Yeah, I see your point now. Islam was a tool for assholes, but it wasn’t Islam itself that caused the problems.

But yeah, that’s exactly right. Christian nations moved away from full on Christianity when it came to law via secularism, and Islamic nations are yet to do that.

Still, I think Muslims need to admit that ISIS, Bin Laden, etc are Muslims. They need to accept that people following their religion turn bad, and that Muslim nations are among the shittiest in the whole world. Sharia is garbage, and Muslims need to realize that instead of trying to bring it to the West.

#255360 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Uncle Louis
    Uncle Louis
    • Posts 1454
    114 pts

Christianity was used as a means to control the masses in past times, since the only ones who had access to the Bible and could thus interpret it were people who could read, which was almost exclusively the elite class in past eras. How the fuck can some peasant contest some noble’s order to go die in some holy war into a land which was never yours because DEUS VULT if the peasant can’t fucking read and see for himself that it’s a lie? There is no rule which allows a Christian to violently impose his religion upon someone else and acts of aggression, most importantly there are also no rules for treating non-believers differently such as taqiyya and various rules laid out by the Talmud which isn’t true for Christianity whose morality is universalist (you have to treat non-believers as you would treat another Christian).

Oh, and before you go MUH OLD TESTAMENT, for Christians the Old Testament should only serve as a reference to build context of what Judea and other relevant nearby kindred, tongues and nations were like long before and at the time of the birth of Jesus Christ (who is supposed to be the central figure and not YHWH), so none of the rules laid out in the Old Testament, such as cutting of dick parts or the “punishment” for rape being marriage to the girl you raped apply to a Christian, only the rules which were laid out by Jesus Christ in the New Testament are to be followed by a Christian.

Also I can’t believe I just wrote two paragraphs defending Cuckstianity.

"Hopefully you've been blessed with the Italian size"
    ~Dante Alighieri

#255361 Score: 0
    Social Justice Weeaboo
    • Posts 244
    208 pts

I don’t think I made my point clear.

I’m not defending Christianity. I think it’s just as bad (old testament is part of Christianity, after all, and even if it wasn’t, it’s still bad), but the fact remains: secular law overtook Christian law (Even though it wasn’t quite secular law now obviously, the enlightenment obviously wasn’t perfect) in those nations. This has not happened in Islamic nations. As Antares said, it’s because of the living conditions and assholes, etc. It doesn’t change the fact that they’re Muslims.

If we switched religions, put Christianity in the same position as Islam right now, and then put Islam in the position of Christianity, I would be saying this about Christianity.

#255365 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Uncle Louis
    Uncle Louis
    • Posts 1454
    114 pts

Yeah, you’re completely right, but I’m just saying from a pure ideology standpoint of the religions involved.

There are two things that make a person – their genetics and their environment. Some things are more (or fully) dependent on the former, some on the latter.

Also, some things are kinda blown out of proportion, mostly because information is so easy to transmit nowadays that mundane shit usually isn’t even mentioned, like witch hunts and the Spanish Inquisition are always blown way out of proportion when it was really just a minority thing. Also, most of the times kingdoms didn’t really bother doing anything to spread Christianity so they just retained their ages-old customs with some Jesus dude sprinkled on top of it. After Lithuania was “christianized” (using the term very loosely here) in the 14th century the nobles didn’t bother building any churches, so among the peasants the Christian majority was only reached somewhere in the 17th or 18th century, which really tells you how much of a shitty job they did if that’s what it took for the populace to be at least 51% Christian.

Now look at Muslim countries, look at Syria. Do you know how Syria was like before the war? It was (and still is and will be if something fishy doesn’t happen) the only secular Muslim country in the region, which is also guaranteed by the constitution and overall it was a very nice place to live. The reason for all the “radical Muslim” uprisings is because Syria also had no national debt, among other things, and that didn’t really please a certain hand-rubbing, nation-wrecking banker tribe who then created all those coloured “revolutions”. Same thing happened in Libya. Compare Syria to Saudi Arabia, it’s like night and day. I can’t even get a tourist visa to visit Saudi Arabia because I’m not Muslim, among other things, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

"Hopefully you've been blessed with the Italian size"
    ~Dante Alighieri

#260346 Score: 1
    Profile photo of stop playing videogames
    stop playing videogames
    • Posts 129
    49 pts

multiculturalism needs a reform

Profile photo of ETMew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tKp4T9ZUCM

#260874 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Autist in Residence
    Autist in Residence
    • Posts 47
    17 pts

From what I understand, there is a huge push for reform and moderation in the global Islamic community…but the things that are stopping it are that

• nobody has any idea exactly how to do it
    • the legacy of thousands of years of sectarianism (the Sunni-Shia split, but also different schools of Islamic law, stuff like the Wahhabi movement and Qutbism, how to fit the mystical Sufi sect of Islam into it, and schisms within the two big sects…yes it’s one of those conflicts. This is why Middle Eastern conflicts are such a clusterfuck, the people in power tend to not have the same religion as the majority of their people. The majority of Syrians are Sunnis, but the Al-Assads are Alawites, a secretive mystical offshoot of Shi’ite Islam)
    • the people who are against it are in high positions of power (hello Saudi Arabia!), are willing to kill to stop it (Da’esh, al-Qaeda, etc), or just shout the loudest (that one imam in Cologne)

And so it is back to the square which is called one.

As my history professor (a devout Muslim from Iran who is also a hardcore secularist) once said:

“We’re modern progressive people, but our religious and political authorities are from the stone age”

Profile photo of ETMew
    #264934 Score: 0
    Profile photo of faust
    faust
    • Posts 2

Bomb all of them. Problem solved.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.